The Technical Artist is responsible for supporting Environmental Art, Level Building, Shader material creation, performance and optimization of Unreal levels and assets, creating tools that improve the production’s workflow. He/she works in close collaboration with the artist to ensure that there are no technical problems met, or hindering of the work of other team members.
- Support the development of base materials in substance designer.
- Propose, architect, and implement pipeline improvement strategies for each project and for the studio to help streamline content creation.
- Drive performance and optimization efforts on all content.
- Develop tools and view modes in Unreal to help isolate common performance issues related to draw calls, shader complexity, RCA’s, etc.
- Experience with PBR
- Experience building materials in Substance Designer/Painter
- Experience with scripting languages and python for Maya, Substance, etc.
- Experience with performance tools in Unreal and on multiple platforms.
- An understanding of balancing draw calls against cpu and gpu usage.
- Experience building pipeline tools for Unreal, Maya. Automation is key.
- Experience with lighting models for pre-rendered, and in-game Rendering (Unreal).
- Experience with troubleshooting VFX and particle systems.
- Strong knowledge of current 3D graphics techniques.
- Strong knowledge of particle systems, environmental effects, cloth simulations, lighting, and dynamics.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving.
- Experience working with performance and optimization on Console a plus.
- Houdini experience is a plus.
For now, send your information to email@example.com.